A Letter to Our Members
Dear PMRA Member,
We are pleased to invite you to renew your membership to Public Management Research Association for 2023.
PMRA was created by a group of scholars seeking a more robust venue for presenting and discussing high quality public management research. Now in our 29th year, our mission has expanded to one of improving public governance by advancing research on public organizations, strengthening links among interdisciplinary scholars, and furthering professional and academic opportunities in public management.
The Public Management Research Association:
- Organizes and sponsors an annual Public Management Research Conferenceas well as other regional conferences and thematic symposia, featuring the top scholars of public management from countries around the world.
- Is dedicated to stimulating discourse through various platforms including our print and electronic publications. In particular, PMRA sponsors two journals—the Journal of Public Administration Research & Theory and Perspectives on Public Management & Governance.
- Helps our members explore new and exciting professional and academic opportunities, including through announcements via our electronic mailing list and our biannual newsletter, Management Matters.
- PMRA serves as a voice for the public management research community, sharing our work via social media and supporting new and innovative research in public management and related fields.
- Takes a special responsibility to further relations among researchers working in the public policy, public management, nonprofit and governance disciplines in the United States and internationally. PMRA emphasizes the linkages between the study of public institutions and their management and the study of public policy.
- Supports the development of empirical and normative inquiry, theory building and systematic testing of theory consistent with the canons of social science, using the full range of quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
So, why should you renew your membership?
Free Subscriptions to JPART and PPMG
Membership in PMRA is renewed every year from 2021 and includes access to both sponsored journals. JPART is consistently ranked as one of the most-cited journals in public management, and PPMG is considered an emerging leader in public management theory development and conceptual work. For a small additional fee, members can choose to receive print copies as well.
Competitive Student Pricing
Student memberships include digital access to JPART and PPMG and are priced at only $65. The $78 student rate includes a print and online subscription to the journals. This makes PMRA one of the most affordable and valuable academic professional organizations for students. Students and other job seekers are also alerted to job ads promoted through PMRA’s weekly announcements. PMRA also recently introduced an inclusion awards initiative which serves to assist underrepresented students participate in the PMRC.
Opportunities to Contribute
PMRA wants to hear from you! We are always looking for contributors to our newsletter Management Matters, as well as submissions to the book review sections of JPART and PPMG, submissions to special symposiums, and other opportunities to publish and/or promote your research and writing. Stay up to date by following us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/pmra1991) or check out our website –www.pmranet.org.
Access to the Public Management Research Conference
PMRC, the annual conference for the Public Management Research Association, is an exclusive gathering of the top global scholars of public management. Access is limited to scholars who are presenting, and all presentations are peer-reviewed prior to acceptance. Attendees must also be active members of PMRA. Due to the unique nature of PMRC, the networking and professional development opportunities are among the best in the field.
In 2021 PMRA is moving towards an annual membership structure. Members that join or renew in 2021 will benefit from PMRA membership through December 2021. PMRA members will have the option to select a membership that includes a print and online subscription to JPART and PPMG, or a “green” online only subscription for a reduced cost. The PMRA is also pleased to offer discounted rates for students.
Your loyalty to PMRA is appreciated. We very much hope you will renew your membership. We have worked to ensure that the membership remains affordable, even as we expand the range of benefits that come from being part of the PMRA.
Please click here to renew.
All the best,
Richard M. Walker
President, Public Management Research Association